GL Education are looking for a Content Manager (US) to manage the delivery of US versions and adaptations, updates, and supplementary material to meet US customer needs identified by Boardworks US. Work with product management and the US sales team to define the product in detail, with timelines and costs, and commission new content from writers. Map the content to US state and district curricula as required. Ensure that it works effectively on the required technology platform. Plan how it will be delivered to the quality required, on schedule and to budget and monitor its progress. In addition also ensure that support materials are appropriately written and/or edited for a US audience.
A key part of this work is to support sales in the US both of presentation-based content developed by Boardworks (now part of GL) and of some of GL’s assessment product.
- Understand the Boardworks content, technology, and customer value proposition to ensure that new versions or content fit the requirements.
- Ensure that all Boardworks US content maintains and enhances Boardworks’ reputation for engaging digital educational content which is easy to use in the classroom
- Check or brief external suppliers to check digital functionality of Boardworks US content in detail
- Plan the process, schedule, and costs
- Commission authors or other external providers to create the content, and monitor its quality
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, to quality standards and to budget.
- Carry out similar responsibilities on other GL product as required
- Work with Boardworks US to define what is required to meet the customer needs and opportunities that they have identified.
Hours: Permanent, Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
What we are looking for:
- Have a relentless focus on producing high-quality product that meets customer needs
- Be highly organised with a capability for keeping an excellent grip on detail
- Be passionate about education and the importance of high-quality resources
- Possess enthusiasm and adaptability and work well under pressure.
- Be enthusiastic about using digital technologies effectively in order to build engaging, high-quality products and quick at learning new platforms and software
- Have a strong collaborative style to work effectively with suppliers and in-house teams in the UK and US
- Be able to develop a constructive relationship with external writers, create clear, detailed briefs, monitor quality of material, and give tactful but incisive feedback
- Have patience and a commitment to getting the detail of both content and functionality right
- Have lived or worked in the US and have strong cultural awareness of the differences between the UK and the US
- Ability to brief and monitor the quality of other people’s work
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- On site gym (Brentford office), weekly fruit platters, free parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/safe, managed, working environment
If you are interested, please click apply here or if you would like to know more please email [email protected].