GL Education are looking for a Project Editor to join their content team! Working closely with the Assessment Project Manager, Head of Content and wider product team, the Project Editor will work across a range of projects, contributing to project planning and ensuring the editorial quality of digital and print assessments, reports and publications, briefing and monitoring content suppliers, effectively managing day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for ensuring assigned editorial work is delivered to agreed schedule, agreed cost and quality, ready for print and digital publication.
- Contracting and briefing external suppliers (designers, typesetters, editors, proof-readers, audio studios etc.), managing their services, ensuring quality control. Dealing with queries or escalating as appropriate.
- Managing all proof stages; pre-flighting and sharing final files to print procurement; approving final print.
- Copy-editing and proofing, ensuring consistency of language, tone, appearance, and suitability for UK and international markets.
- Maintaining project schedules, anticipating potential risks and delays, acting to mitigate them where possible and keeping stakeholders informed.
- Maintaining project costs, seeking cost efficiencies where possible; balancing cost, schedule, and quality priorities.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of operations including re-prints, content changes and the Value-Added Service.
- Authoring and editing print and digital product support content. Maintaining both UK and international support sites.
- Ensuring author contracts and licencing agreements are stored and maintained in line with corporate policies.
- Liaising with other teams (marketing, PR, digital development) offering editorial and project support where required
Hours: Permanent - Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum
What we are looking for:
- Have a relentless focus on producing high-quality content that meets customer needs.
- Be highly organised and capable of supporting multiple projects, prioritising effectively.
- Be personable and approachable, with a strong collaborative style.
- Be a confident communicator, able to brief suppliers and in-house teams.
- Proven copyediting and proofreading skills
- Demonstrable experience of quality assurance in an editorial capacity
- Prepared to take initiative, offering effective solutions to problems.
- Possess enthusiasm and adaptability and work well under pressure.
- Interested in education and willing to develop knowledge of assessment and of UK and international education.
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- On site gym (Brentford office), weekly fruit platters, free parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/safe, managed, working environment
If you are interested, please click apply here or if you would like to know more please email [email protected].