Data for Leadership
This online webinar series is for those responsible for ensuring the effective use of assessments within the school to improve teaching and learning. Each week participants will engage with their own assessment data to build an assessment strategy to support school self-evaluation and development plans.
What will the course cover?
- Provide training materials that can be used to support colleagues in interpreting and analysing data to inform learning and teaching according to defined roles
- Provide specific examples of how the data can be analysed and used to identify under and over performance, and the next steps needed
- Support attendees to develop a school assessment plan, using best practice of scheduling and analysing data to maximise impact
- Reflection and self-evaluation of current use of CAT4 data across the school
- How engaging all stakeholders can have impact
- Introduction to the Cognitive Abilities Test and reports
- Senior and Middle Leader evaluation of the data
- Identifying trends and planning actions
- Triangulation of CAT4 data with other assessment data
- Classroom teachers and Learning Support evaluation of the data
- Identifying and supporting individual needs
- Planning staff training needs
- Planning a whole school assessment strategy
- Getting all stakeholders onboard
- Setting medium and long-term goals for change
- The course lasts four weeks and requires a commitment of up to three hours per week including self-guided activity.
- Participants can schedule their activity at times that are convenient for them, but should aim to engage early each week to take maximum advantage.
- Participants should have a working knowledge of CAT4, and PT Series assessments (or attainment measures used) and have introduced, or be in the process of introducing them, in their schools.
- Participants should be prepared to engage regularly throughout the course.
Who should attend?
- Principals, Deputy Principals, Heads of Assessment, Curriculum Co-ordinators
- Whoever is responsible for ensuring the effective use of assessments within the school to improve teaching and learning
- Guided, hands-on analysis of sample / your school’s data with materials to take back to your school
- Develop a school assessment plan, using best practice of scheduling and analysing data to maximise impact
- Share experience and best practice
This workshop starts on the date below and will last four weeks. It requires a commitment of up to three hours per week. Participants can schedule their activity at times that are convenient for them, but should aim to engage early each week to take maximum advantage of the group dialogue.
Tuesday 6th October – Wednesday 28th October
6th October - Module 1
13th October - Module 2
21st October - Module 3
28th October - Module 4
- This online webinar series is free of charge
- Fill in the form below to register.
Additional Training in 2020
Exhibitions and Conferences – find out which conferences and exhibitions we will be attending this year.
Training – find out what additional training provisions are available to you this year.
Webinars – view our past webinars covering product use and best practice.