This seminar will offer a introduction to the way many international schools are using a combination of assessments that provide data on students’ ability, attainment and attitudes to learning in order to personalise teaching and learning; improve academic performance and support whole school evaluation.
Key challenges we will address include:
- Establishing an accurate baseline from which to achieve students’ academic goals
- Identifying gifted and talented students and those who may need further investigation for SEND or EAL support
- Highlighting students with hidden wellbeing issues and those at risk of academic failure
- Gaining a reliable and regular measure of students’ reading and comprehension skills and evaluating the impact of interventions.
By the end of the seminar, delegates will have:
- Be aware of the purpose and value of GL Education’s suite of assessments
- An outline for a full assessment plan for the upcoming school year
- Discovered how to tell a student's 'data story', by triangulating the data from these tools
The seminar will take place in the Hague, Netherlands near the Den Haag train station. The exact venue will be announced shortly.