Triangulating your data:
Each measure of ability, attainment and attitudes to learning are valuable, but by combining the data, you can build a unique personal profile of each student. These powerful insights support you to personalise learning and inform teaching. During the seminar, we will discuss how you can use these measures to:
- Establish an accurate baseline – Discover practical guidance on how to reliably measure students’ cognitive and reasoning abilities. You will also learn how to use this to inform curriculum planning and teaching.
- Identify gaps in learning – Explore how a structured programme of standardized and benchmarked assessments supports schools in identifying areas where students may have gaps in their learning. And learn how these measure yearly (or termly) progress and discover curriculum areas that need reinforcing.
- Improve student engagement and wellbeing – Find out how whole-school attitudinal surveys provide a picture of student wellbeing that helps identify any hidden barriers to learning. See how they support pastoral care teams to reveal unseen support needs and evaluate the impact of wellbeing interventions.
What you will take away:
- A clear understanding of the benefits of a “whole student view” to assessment
- A template assessment timeline
- An assessment practice review framework
- The opportunity to have a free trial of one of our leading assessments
Arrival and registration: 8.30-9.00
Session commences: 9.00
Coffee break :10.30-10.45
Session ends and lunch: 12.00
Afternoon: Individual data consultations
During the afternoon, we are offering schools free one-to-one data consultations with our assessment experts to help you maximise insights from your assessments. This guided analysis of your cohort data will help you to identify key groups of students to focus on, areas of the curriculum to reinforce and offer useful suggestions for next steps. Consultations are particularly suitable for senior and middle leaders, heads of year or assessment co-ordinators who would like an additional layer of insight and support in identifying next steps for intervention or further assessment.
You can register for your free consultation here. Please note, you must also register for the seminar using the form below to attend this consultation.
Venue and logistics
The seminar is being held in a hotel located in Cairo. The full address will be confirmed to registered delegates.
There is no charge to attend the seminar, but due to capacity restrictions we will initially be restricting registrations to two delegates per school. Additional requests will be added to a waiting list in case of cancellations or unexpected spaces.