We believe that businesses are responsible for operating in a sustainable manner regarding:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Social Sustainability
- Economic Sustainability
This document outlines GL Education’s commitments to the important matters of sustainability for our customers, employees, and communities. It is meant to operate as a set of guidelines for decisions, strategy, and the way we work both internally and externally.
It is expected that all GL Education employees read, understand, and seek ways to incorporate these policies in their work.
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Assess the sustainability impacts of new and existing processes, products, and services, seeking to minimize our impact.
- Update our Sustainability Policy regularly in consultation with staff, associates, and customers.
- Ensure that all employees understand our sustainability policies and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Sustainability Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
Environmental Sustainability Principles:
“Identifying and managing business impacts on the environment”
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement to minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible, seeking opportunities to reduce our corporate carbon footprint.
- Work with suppliers and customers to prioritise products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
Social Sustainability Principles:
“Identifying and managing business impacts on people”
- Reflect social sustainability aims through recruitment, work-life balance, wellbeing, appropriate recognition for work, and ongoing development.
- Maintenance of a Diversity Policy, and an ongoing Diversity working group.
- Seek opportunities to work with charitable organisations sharing values with GL Education in the areas of education, community, and childhood deprivation to the benefit of the charity and improvement of employee wellbeing.
Economic Sustainability Principles:
“How we can best use our resources to maintain our profitability”
- Continuous investment in technology and iterative process streamlining to ensure that GL remains profitable and efficient.
- Maintain a five-year strategy
- Share and highlight our sustainability initiatives and successes with our employees and by increasing GL support for likeminded organisations and initiatives.
- Sustainability Action Plan (Committee owned and maintained)
- Sustainability Portal (Committee owned)
- Sustainability Committee
Greg Watson – Chief Executive GL Education Group